Over the last few years, I’ve had the privilege of speaking with hundreds of brokers about Quotey. Whether chatting in demos, beta testing or in more recent weeks, frequent users of Quotey, there’s nothing better than hearing ideas of how Quotey can help make Commercial Broker’s lives easier.
I was asked earlier today what we’d be working on in 12 months time, and it made me think that while we have a clear roadmap of what we want to build… the reality is that the steer will come from Quotey brokers and their ideas.
We often talk about being ‘built by brokers, for brokers’ and it risks becoming a bit of a gimmicky catch-phrase. However, everywhere I look within Quotey, I can reflect on one or more conversations that led to a certain feature being created or enhanced. Quotey is littered with innovations that started off as conversations with our users.
To give a few examples…
- The dynamic client presentations were shaped by Sean Murray at Bauld Insurance.
- Shane McCarthy at Levitt Insurance suggested we add a reminder of the client name onto the Digital Marketing Hub
- We’re currently in the middle of revamping how schedules are added to Quotey as a result of ideas from Zac Sutherland at Sutherland Insurance, and Jo-Anne Raymond at Paisley Partners.
- We now have an option to request Broadform Completed Operations coverage thanks to Vanessa Pierce and Alanna Rast at MHK Insurance
- The amazing Kirby Wallis at Guild Insurance was invaluable in helping us to digitize the Farm application process.
- Adding an Executive Summary into the application process came from Travis Wahl and Dwight Heppner at Guild Insurance.
Even big ideas like our Client Handoff, Insurer Package Prefill and helping brokers to customize their insurer contact list all came from broker conversations.
I’d love to tell you that we’re visionaries and imagined what all of this commercial broker technology would look like before we started. The reality is that we’ve managed to connect with a lot of really smart brokers, who really know their stuff and are passionate about fixing many of the issues they face on a daily basis through commercial broker technology.
Brokers help us to shape the details of Quotey to ensure it works in the real world.
I’m immensely grateful for that, and we’ll continue to put in the work to turn commercial broker technology ideas into a reality!
Thank you for all your support and ideas in 2022!